"It is a big commitment, and to get the full benefit of Minds Matter, you have to fully be here and be present."
–V, Second year mentee and junior at Denver South
WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT
We’ll be honest, the Minds Matter program requires commitment and dedication, but ask any of our students, and they’ll tell you that what you get out of the program is incredible and totally worth it.
Our program is designed to help you excel in the college selection and application process. We help you build the skills you will need to set yourself apart. We also help you get an idea of what college is really like. Minds Matter is a three-year commitment that will help you get started on the rest of your life.
- Minds Matter is a three year commitment from 10th through 12th grades.
- We meet almost every Monday evening for 3 hours from September through May.
- You and another student will be paired with two adults who will be your mentors the whole three years.
- Each week you and your mentors will focus on different skills and knowledge that will help you get into the college of your choice.
- We will prepare you to take the SAT as well as for filling out college and scholarship applications.
- You will apply and attend residential summer programs on a college campus after both 10th and 11th grade where you can explore your educational interests while living the college experience.