"I feel like the people who are here really want to be here. They dedicate their time to get the most they can out of the program."
– E, Second year mentee and junior at Denver South
Part-Time Volunteer Openings
Program Team Lead
Program Team Leads are responsible for leading and facilitating activities for ~6-10 Mentees and ~6-10 Mentors.
Program Team Leads lead the Minds Matter Monday night experience for mentors and mentees. With the support of a prepared curriculum (including lesson plans, activity instructions, handouts, and talking points), Program Team Leads facilitate activities and conversations geared towards our shared goals.
Skills required include:
- Experience teaching or facilitating learning of others, ideally experience with high school students
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Passion for working with kids and building relationships
- Strong organizational/tracking skills
- Strong writing skills
- Public speaking ability
- Strong role-model