"I feel like the people who are here really want to be here. They dedicate their time to get the most they can out of the program."
– E, Second year mentee and junior at Denver South
There are no full-time positions open at this time. Check below for any open part-time or volunteer positions!
Part-Time Volunteer Openings
Mentors ground their mentees in the Minds Matter Monday night experience. Supported by volunteer program leaders who facilitate a prepared curriculum, Mentors engage in conversation and connection building while drawing from our shared goals. Mentors don’t need to be experts in the following topics – they need to be willing to show up consistently and work through the prepared activities together:
- Establish a Mentoring Relationship
- Academic and College Guidance
- Personal and Leadership Development
- College Readiness and Transition
- Attend Mentor Training and Program Events
Mentoring typically involves a commitment of approximately 8 - 10 hours per month during the academic year. Minds Matter Colorado does not host programming during the summer or whenever school is out of session (winter break, spring break, etc.). The long-term time commitment is 3 years. We’re asking students to commit to 3 years of the program, so a matching commitment of support from caring adults is what we’re looking for.
Program Team Lead
Program Team Leads are responsible for leading and facilitating activities for ~6-10 Mentees and ~6-10 Mentors.
Program Team Leads lead the Minds Matter Monday night experience for mentors and mentees. With the support of a prepared curriculum (including lesson plans, activity instructions, handouts, and talking points), Program Team Leads facilitate activities and conversations geared towards our shared goals.
Skills required include:
- Experience teaching or facilitating learning of others, ideally experience with high school students
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Passion for working with kids and building relationships
- Strong organizational/tracking skills
- Strong writing skills
- Public speaking ability
- Strong role-model