Click to Jump To
The Minds Matter Colorado Associate Board is designed for individuals who are passionate about our mission and who provide financial, networking, and thought partnership to the organization.
If this speaks to you, join us and make a difference. Help deserving students from low-income families break the cycle of poverty.
Minds Matter connects driven and determined students from low-income families with the people, preparation, and possibilities to succeed in college, create their future, and change the world.
The Minds Matter approach comes at zero-cost for all students:
(2 mentors for 3 years)
Rigorous after-school college-readiness programming
(3 years of 2 hours/week)
Access to summer programs
on college campuses
And 100% of Minds Matter Colorado graduates have gotten into college with scholarships.
WE VALUE JOY
- We take the mission and our work seriously, but not ourselves
- We enjoy and celebrate each other
- We prioritize having fun!
WE VALUE THE ENTREPRENEURIAL MINDSET
- It may not be our fault, but it's our problem, and we'll fix it!
- We seek opportunity
- We embrace risk to serve our mission
- We get stuff done
- We are resourceful and bring in the people, knowledge and support we need to succeed
WE VALUE GROWTH & ACHIEVEMENT
- We give and get great feedback
- We all get better and smarter every day with a growth mindset
- We set audacious goals and do our best to meet them
WE VALUE THE WHOLE PERSON
- We drive towards equity and access
- We are vigilant about culture and context
- We deeply value and engage community
- We prioritize student agency and honor student choices
WE VALUE BEING "ALL IN" FOR
- We can’t stop talking about what we do, because we love it
- We prioritize Minds Matter alongside self, family, and work
- We prioritize cause over ego
- We invest time, money, energy, and connections to serve the mission
Expectations for the Associate Board
We are looking for those who can bring a combination of the following:
- Interest: Passionate and energetic about education and expanding our vision of helping youth from low-income families across the state
- Network: Connected in the community and can introduce MMCO to potential donors, sponsors, corporations and community members
- Expertise: One or more of several areas of expertise/characteristics:
- Non-profit growth and/or fundraising
- Entrepreneurship/strategy development
- Lived experience akin to the students we serve
Joining the Minds Matter Colorado Associate Board is a commitment to supporting the mission, vision, and students of the organization. We know your time is valuable, so please keep reading to hear more about the expectations for the Associate Board throughout each school year!
- Attend quarterly Associate Board meetings
- Attend at least one student-centered event per year
- Attend the MMCO End-of-Year Ceremony (Optional)
- Host a "Meet Minds Matter" event at your home or office (Optional)
$2,500 give/get per year, either personally or through donations from your network (or some other meaningful personal contribution).
Invite prospective connections to "Meet Minds Matter" and other MMCO events, including volunteer info sessions.
Associate Board Members are ideally signing on for 3-year terms, which is the same commitment term for our mentors and our Board of Directors.
Associate Board members annually complete a one-page statement of their time and financial contributions to MMCO, the Associate Board and its committees, in collaboration with MMCO staff and Associate Board Treasurer.
We will teach you to be knowledgeable on the MMCO elevator speech to represent the organization to your network and will provide fundraising coaching.